This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TotalBleachControl #CollectiveBias
“Oh wow, you’ve sure got your hands full, don’t ya?” I’ve heard that a time or two (or 73) at the grocery store. And the truth is, I DO have my hands full. Raising boys is not for the weak. I’m tired, we’re dirty, and chances are if you’re reading this, you are too. So, if you’ve been to the ER more times than you’d like to admit or had your kid pee in the middle of the courtyard at church, I’m not here to judge. Solidarity. There are certain things in life that bring women together and being a mother to boys is one of those things.
Everything and anything is a jungle gym just waiting to be conquered.
2. Your fridge is empty. They are ALREADY eating you out of house and home. Your four-year-old can devour an entire steak by himself, and you quiver thinking about the grocery bill you’ll be hit with by the time they get to high school.
Big brother gets ready to score his first take down on his 10-month-old baby brother.
4. “Filthy” is an understatement. Not a day goes by in The Gifford Household without sweat, stains, and dirt.
My boys go through clothes faster than I can wash them, but New Clorox® Bleach Crystals™ are a boy mama’s best friend on those filthy days. They are easy to use, affordable, and tough enough for the messiest of play dates. The water-activated component of Clorox® Bleach Crystals™ and Clorox® Bleach Packs™ takes the fear out of using bleach with no more spills, splashes, or bleach damage to your clothing. Check out Clorox® on Facebook and Twitter! The very BEST way to get those tighty-whities at their whitest!
You can find Clorox® Bleach Crystals™ and Clorox® Bleach Packs™ in the laundry section at Walmart.
5. Ninja turtles. Frozen is to girls as Ninja Turtles is to boys. If you’ve ever wondered why Target makes so many different types of Ninja Turtles, the answer is because your kids want Every. Single. One.
7. Weapons. At this point you’d think you were preparing for the zombie apocalypse. Your kids have enough swords to start their own militia, and getting hit with a nerf bullet is about as common as their trips to the fridge.
8. “Get your hands out of your pants!” One of the many sentences you never imagined yourself screaming across the room on a daily basis.
9. You’re exhausted. From the time their little eyelids open at the first sign of sunlight, until they’ve reached that precious hour we call bedtime, you do NOT stop. On a scale of 1-10, their energy level consistently remains at right about an 11.5.
10. Boys love their mamas. Their energy level may be off the charts, but so is their sweetness. Which makes loving them the easiest thing in the world.
Yes, we’ve got our hands full, but our hearts are even fuller and we wouldn’t trade the BOY Mama life for anything.
If you liked this post you might also like…